Roles at Transdev
Information about PageUP Security Incident
Last updated: 19 June 2018
We are among a number of organisations that uses PageUp software to manage recruitment and other human resource activities. Recently we received information from PageUp advising it was investigating unauthorised activity detected on its systems.
PageUp has advised that its investigations into this security breach continue, and at this stage PageUp is unable to clarify the exact details of the data that may have been compromised or who specifically has been impacted. You can view PageUp’s full incident statement here.
How people who applied for a role with Transdev before 7 June 2018 may be impacted
At this stage PageUp has been unable to confirm if information about individuals or any data relating to Transdev has been affected. PageUp has advised that it is confident that the most critical data categories have not been affected by the PageUp Security Incident including:
- financial Information;
- Australian Tax File Numbers; and
- uploaded documents including employee performance reports and employee contracts.
PageUp has advised that the categories of data which may have been affected by the PageUp Security Incident are:
- email address;
- residential or postal address;
- telephone numbers;
- education and career experience information;
- gender details;
- date of birth;
- nationality and information related to Australian residency; and/or
- referee details.
What you can do
If you are concerned that your data may have been accessed by an unauthorised person, we suggest the following:
- change your passwords on other online services, if you re-use the same password;
- enable multi-factor authentication and other available security measures provided by your other online services;
- be alert of potential phishing emails and telephone calls from anyone requesting your personal details, and avoid opening attachments from unknown senders on any virtual platform;
- install anti-virus software and keep it updated;
- apply recommended software patches from operating system and software providers
- visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website for further information and guidance on how to manage and monitor the use of your personal information.
Temporary impacts on our online recruitment process
As a precaution and security measure, Transdev disabled the use of PageUp for recruitment on 7 June and reset all PageUp system related user passwords.
PageUp has since confirmed that they, and an expert cybersecurity company they commissioned to conduct an independent review, have not identified any further threats to their systems and PageUp is safe to use. Furthermore, PageUp has taken additional security measures to help guard against any similar incidents in the future.
Based on this advice from PageUp, and our own risk assessment, we reactivated PageUp on 19 June and our online recruitment process has returned to normal.
You may experience some delay in our recruitment timelines due to the PageUp Security Incident. Please be assured we are attending to all current applications and we will continue to process applications during this period.
If you have any questions about a job opportunity or current application with Transdev, please contact us at email@example.com.